Saturday, October 5, 2013

Googled It

I'm currently welcoming the cool weather with open arms: Hello there, sweater weather! Long time, no see!

{insert awkward, yet genuine hug between Fall & myself right here}

Something about the temperature drives me straight into Suzie Homemaker mode, and I crave a cozy house filled with the smell of my own cooking.

Seriously - there is nobody's (minus my mom's but that goes without saying) cooking that I crave as much as my own. Not to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT Y'ALL, I'm a dang good cook! 

And yet, between the months of May and August I just can't motivate myself to cook. Summer makes Mama lazy! 

"How 'bout a turkey sandwich? Or something we can microwave? Who wants a Hot Pocket?"

I like to tell myself that it's not neglect...

Anyway! It's cold today and the lady thought it would be a really nice gesture to cook for her husband after a long day at work:
  • Slow cooked ribs
  • Sweet corn 
  • Loaded baked potatoes
  • Corn bread fresh from the oven
This lady also had to Google a recipe for baked potatoes. Not for the ingredients, but for the temperature and length of time to bake those suckers.

I find this pretty shameful - what kind of self-proclaimed good cook Googles a recipe for baked potatoes?

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!