Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mid-Summer Slump

Well, well, well... here we are again in the middle of July and I haven't touched the ole blog in weeks. If you've been around a while, you'll realize this is a reoccurring theme on HHDD. 

To be fair, I read once that if you take sporadic but lengthy breaks from writing,  it makes the readers anxious for the next post and drives up the traffic on a blog. Really? No, total bullshit. 

The blog takes a backseat to every day life during the summer because it's hot as tits outside and all I really want to do is eat popsicles and be lazy. 

I would love to tell you all that I've been super productive with actually decorating the new house, but in all honesty, I've only been super productive with researching ways to decorate the new house. Or maybe I've just been reading decorating blogs, if you want to be a dick about it... 

While we're at it, I've been reading a lot lately: this (I'll be doing a review on it soon, I swear), this (I'm so weak, guys...), and this (wouldn't Malcom be an awesome name for a second son).

Sure, I take some time each day to creep the Instagrams for Khloe Kardashian & Kim Zolciak. Some days I post my own photos (@jenpalis), some days I don't. It's not fun anymore if it becomes an addiction, right?

Oh, and Game of Thrones has entered our life. I'm so confused that I need a wall-sized flow chart of all of the different families, but I'll admit, it's very entertaining. Except for all of the incest - THAT.IS.DISGUSTING.

Last but not least - dude, it's summer so we've been playing with the kiddos! Bike rides with scabby knees, pool days with plenty of SPF, and tons of spare change in case the ice cream man cruises by.

What've you all been up to this summer? Shenanigans I'll bet.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!