Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Need A Cutie Mark Now

For those of you who don't know, my girls are obsessed with My Little Pony. Seriously, the Pony to Barbie ratio in our house is 4:1. 

At any given time, we're discussing the characters as if they were members of our immediate family. Mia's birthday is Thursday, so obviously, we've increased the frequency of Pony-themed conversations lately...

MIA: Mommy, if you were a My Little Pony, which one would you be?

ME: (absolutely clueless) Hmm... I don't know! Who do you think I would be?

MIA: Well, I think you would be The Great & Powerful Trixie!

ME: (still clueless) Oh yeah?! What's she like?

MIA: Well, she gets REALLY mad sometimes and it's funny to everyone else... but she's also nice sometimes and she knows how to do, like, everything in the world!

ME: (giggling) Awww thanks, Sis...

And then I couldn't help myself - I asked Marlee...

ME: Boo, which Pony do you think acts like Mommy? Mia thinks it's Trixie.

MAR: Um... not Twixie... I would say... Rawity!

ME: Rarity? Why do you say Rarity?

MAR: Because! She weewy yikes fashion AND she doesn't yike to get dirty! Jus' yike you, Mommy!

So let's get this straight - at 7 and 4, my daughters have picked up on Mommy's tendency to overreact, my obsession with clothing, my avoidance of anything outdoors, and the fact that I am the queen of useless knowledge?

Nailed it, ladies! Totally nailed it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lord I'm scared to ask what pony they think I am.....probably Granny Smith.....she's old and crazy! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like great gals to me!

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!