Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Husband Won't Sleep With Me Anymore

Off and on for the last two weeks Chris and I have slept in separate beds. We're on completely opposite sleep schedules, but waking up to find him asleep on the bottom bunk in the girls' room always comes as a surprise. 

Is it me? Is this because I wrap myself in the blanket burrito-style and leave him to freeze (true)? Because I snore like a chainsaw in a silent forest (true)? Because I occasionally yell out random curse words and laugh like I'm insane (both true)?

No, friends, no. Chris and I sleep in separate beds because I tend to sleep at a complete diagonal across the bed. My 6'2" husband claims to have a hard time sleeping comfortably when he's only allotted the upper 1/4 of the queen sized mattress. Some men are such divas...

Honestly, I sleep diagonally because Marlee refuses to sleep in her own bed. Sleeping diagonally is my only defense for avoiding her razor sharp knees/elbows/whatever body part she can use to stab between my shoulder blades mid-dream. 

Chris has taken to sleeping in the rarely used bottom bunk to avoid the aforementioned knees/elbows/deadly weapons attached to our 4 year old. I kind of miss him and I'll admit, I'm getting a complex here!

I came home tonight to see this pulled up on the computer:

Who Googles this? Chris Palis, that's who...
I don't want computer advice though - I want REAL advice! Help! Me!

My marriage and my torso thank you in advance for any tips you might provide!

*****

Those kids on the case look familiar...

I was contacted by Case App recently and they invited me to use their site to create a custom iPhone case. 

Custom as in you can put absolutely anything you want on it, and Case App makes it so easy a monkey could do it. Or if you're fresh out of monkeys, just use me for reference because we all know I'm easily frustrated with any kind of technology. The entire process took me less than 10 minutes and zero cuss words!

To share the love, the nice folks at Case App are giving away a custom case to one lucky HHDD reader! So who wants to win a custom case for their iPhone? You do, and we both know it!

Same rules as always:
  1. LIKE Case App on Facebook.
  2. LIKE High Heels & Dirty Dishes on Facebook.
  3. Leave a comment here on the ole blog once you've done both.
  4. *Get an extra entry if you follow HHDD on Twitter (@Jen_Palis). Just make sure to leave that in a separate comment on the ole blog.
Winner will be announced next Friday, February 8, 2013 and entry cutoff is 6PM CST. 



9 comments:

  1. Good luck getting Marlee in that bed. Maybe you could try the method "The Nanny" used to use. She said you just keep redirecting them to their bed without saying anything to them. I'm no expert because I was mean and never let my kiddos sleep in my bed. (but you already knew that)

    As for the I-phone case, I would love love to have the one you had done....however being technologically illeterate I have the old plain Jane simple phone & it won't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let mine fall asleep,then put them in bed...they woke up slightly confused at first,but got to where they finally slept in their own beds..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I let mine fall asleep,then put them in bed...they woke up slightly confused at first,but got to where they finally slept in their own beds..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sitting in my kids room quite and in the dark til they fell asleep. Worked great they were in their beds and asleep in about 10 minutes. But now that life got crazy and we haven't gotten back into that routine both girls are in bed with me, we sometimes move them to their own bed once they are asleep. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I have a king sized bed and the kids still take it up! As for the iphone case...both have been liked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL ... you're not alone! :) In fact, in response to a reader request I once posted an article called "Separate Sleepers." 32 people responded with comments and suggestions, so you might find some helpful ideas there. Good luck! (And forgive the inclusion of a url - just trying to be helpful, not promotional)
    http://lovehonoranddismay.blogspot.ca/2006/09/dismaying-story-48-separate-sleepers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked both pages. I wanna win!

    Also, Avery has been sleeping in our bed every night for a month now. I enjoy it. Most nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Pages liked - Check
    Comment here - Check
    Twitter following - Check

    Bring on the iphone case. :) In all seriousness, good luck to me, as I was just talking about these cases. Cool! Good luck to all, but especially me.

    As far as sleep advice. I have none. I am writing this on my laptop which is almost falling off of my lap because my 6 year old daughter keeps moving and hitting it,as she is in between my husband and I sound asleep.
    So advice?? Got none. Empathy & sympathy? I got plenty of that. Hang in there.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and say I truly enjoy reading through your posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
    Thanks a lot!
    Feel free to visit my website : diets that work fast

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!