Monday, February 6, 2012

Hot Mess

Clothes scattered across the bedroom floor
Soaking wet towel hanging on the door
Looks like a hurricane just came through ...
- 'Hot Mess' by Tyler Farr

Am I a hot mess? Sometimes.

Today's outfit consisted of semi-wrinkled brown pants, an almost-too-short teal tank top, and a slightly snug avocado hued cardigan with mom approved brown suede loafers. My outfit, inspired by the relaxed preppy perfection of J. Crew, came out more frumpy than fashionable and as usual, I was running late and didn't have time to swap out for something better. 

Maybe my outfit didn't look as polished because I'm not 6'/115lbs? PHOTO BY JCREW
A mess for sure, but a hot mess? Meh... we'll go with a simmering mess. I had sass and wit on my side today and I came home smiling despite the duds.

There are times when I look and feel like the biggest train wreck imaginable, and there are other times when I pull off a perfect shakedown and the near-catastrophe is avoided by some miracle of God. More often than not, I feel like I'm more of a hot 'I'm getting the under-boob sweats' mess than a hot 'I've got it going on today' mess.

It's safe to bet that I'll be a hot mess for the rest of the week because I didn't get caught up on the laundry this weekend. Next week though? This is going down...


PHOTOS BY KOHL'S, ALLOY, & TARGET
 I bought myself new clothes for Valentine's Day - all from the clearance sections. Pretty romantic, eh?

And speaking of romance... Marlee announced that Daddy bought me roses today. They should be delivered sometime before noon on February 14. Mia was pissed that Boo spilled the beans! Daddy just laughed. "Iz ok! Accident happens!"

Hot Mess in the making

*****
Are you a bit of a hot mess yourself? Sing it proud, mamas!



Congratulations Tyler Farr on your big single release! Hot? OK maybe, but I'll deny admitting it til the day I die. A mess? Understatement.

*****


Hoshii Designs Fortune Cookie Change Purses!!! Love!!!
And another congratulations to HHDD sponsor Hoshii Designs for the most recently achieved level of awesomeness: Hoshii Designs pieces will be given away in celebrity swag bags at the MTV Movie Awards this year! 

If I didn't think I'd need a full-on hip replacement afterward, I'd do a damn cartwheel! I'm so excited and honored from head to toe that I've had the opportunity to feature Hoshii on the ole blog!

*****
Night y'all. Stay hot. Stay messy.

6 comments:

  1. You are never a "Hot Mess"! You always pull of stylish & chic even when you're sporting the hat to cover bad hair....

    Congrats Tyler Farr & Congrats to Hoshii designs....awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention...I love the new stuff! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I'm nearly always a mess, anyway. Consistency has got to count for something, right? The 'hot' part comes and goes. For example, if I need to get all prettied up for some event? I will be PMSing and bloated and look and feel awful. But if we have nothing but cookie-baking on tap for the day, with me home with all the kids- you'd better believe I'll be having the best hair day EVER. *sigh* Very cool about the Hoshii bags- congrats to them! I love them and was bummed not to win. Damn you, random number generator!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, many of the photos the family have captured of me over the years display just how much of a hot mess I am...the good days go uncaptured and hidden...down the road in another generation, my descendants will be looking at photos of a frumpy fat woman...and never know that I had good days. Oh well, I'll be dead then anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the "hot mess". But Jenn, honeslty, you got it going on for a woman that has her "hot mess" days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoah this weblog is excellent i really like studying your articles. Keep up the great paintings! You know, lots of people are hunting round for this information, you can help them greatly.
    New Balance Men's MT461 Trail Running Shoe

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!