Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Merci

$4 'European' chocolates. French name, made in Germany. Sold at Walmart.

Tonight's post will be a short one because I have just a few things to say:
  1. My back hurts, so I'm going to pour a glass of wine and relax in a hot shower.
  2. My idea of camping is where I camp out on the couch in my sweats. I have a bag of salt & vinegar chips on my right and an icy cold can of soda on my left. There's an all day marathon of Nora Roberts movies on Lifetime. My husband & children are gone from sun-up to sun-down. That's roughing it...
  3. Thank you all for reading, commenting, and sharing. You continuously rock my socks off!

Congratulations to comment number 25 who wins the beautiful Rising Sun wristlet by Hoshii Designs!

Momof4 "I also wanted to add that you are certainly NOT the only one with a less than tidy home lol. You won't be seeing pictures of mine in House Beautiful!", please contact me here with your shipping information to claim your prize! Thank you for entering, and thank you for following! 

Oh - I also want to say thank you to all of the kick ass sponsors who have allowed me to feature them on the ole blog this month! To express my gratitude, I'm giving away a few more things tonight: an item from each sponsor's Etsy shop, from me to you, paid for with my own (sometimes) hard-earned cash!

Black Tie Affair ring by Sparklingtwi
From Sparklingtwi Jewelry, I'm giving away 1 Black Tie Affair ring. The ring features gunmetal gray petals made from silky soft fabric, topped by a metal flower adorned with rhinestones. The band is an adjustable stretch, which means you can definitely have seconds on dessert when you're wearing it!

Peanut necklace by Contempo Jewels
From Contempo Jewels, I'm giving away 1 Peanut necklace made from sterling silver and freshwater pearls. What color are those pearls, you ask? Peacock colored, baby. I can't help myself. Mama loves a good peacock color scheme. 'Nuff said!

Custom Zodiac pendant by Whatsername Jewelry
From Whatsername Jewelry, 1 commenter will win a hand stamped clay zodiac pendant. Allergic to jewelry (Hi, Granny...), never fear! This necklace is metal-free and comes with an all cotton cord. The photo above features the sign of the Scorpio, but trust me, I'll definitely be asking the winner what their sign is...Maybe I'll ask whether they enjoy long walks on the beach or not. Maybe I'll ask if the smooth voice of Barry White makes them break into a cold sweat. I really don't know, I mean, we just met and this is all happening so fast...

Origami clutch by Hoshii Designs
And from Hoshii Designs, the writer of 1 comment will win the awesome Origami clutch in wool felt. I am fascinated by origami, but lack the patience to create art that features sharp edges created with a steady hand. This lady loves caffeine - If the hands ain't rockin', I'm probably taking a nap. 

To enter, leave a comment. What's something unexpected that you're thankful for? Winners will be announced on Saturday and will be chosen via random number generator.

I've got an affinity for chocolate and amazing guitarists.

I'll be back tomorrow night! Same place...sometime after midnight I'm sure...Shake your tambourine...

24 comments:

  1. What's something unexpected that you're thankful for? Your amazing talent...it never ceases to make me smile & beam with pride! I love you, and proud to say your my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind the rest of us that we aren't crazy...really we aren't

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband unexpectedly brought me a chocolate bar tonight - that I was thankful for. That's about as deep as this puddle gets this time of night. :)

    Although I must say that I'm also thankful for unexpectedly stumbling upon blogs (like yours) that I enjoy reading. That's always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the box of Euro-Frenchermany chocolates appear to be opened? Were they unexpectedly yummy?? Lol I have an enormous list of unexpected things I am thankful for. The thing at the top of my list is how thankful I am that I unexpectedly got pregnant on a one nighter, which I then got unexpected DNA results. After an unexpected turning point in my life I unexpectedly received the gift of salvation which I then unexpectedly got forgiven for my sins and discovered that my savior Jesus died on a cross for me in the most unexpected death for the most unexpected reason....He died for He so loved the world... Unexpectedly, I live my life for Him and die daily for His glory. My teachers use to tell me I would never be worth anymore than I was as a mouthy teenager. Unexpectedly, I am worth dying for... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's something unexpected that you're thankful for? Unexpected phone call from and old friend came tonight. It was good to hear his voice. - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. something unexpected im thankful is when our baby actually sleeps through the night! its rare and always unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something unexpected I'm thankful for? Liking your page on Facebook today and seeing that you linked to mine :) then reading this article :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something unexpected I am thankful for is a nice card I received in the mail this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am ALWAYS thankful when I DON'T HAVE TO COOK!! I HATE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off I hope your back feels better. I know all about the back pain and it sucks.

    Something unexpected that I'm thankful for is being able to graduate from college despite having 4 kids. When I enrolled I did it but I never ever dreamed that I would actually be able to finish, it was more of an ok see, I'm in college thing so shut up kinda thing. But here I am with 4 kids doing it.

    Hope you have a great relaxing evening and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unexpected thankfulness? One of my kiddos today wrote a card for my baby (not due til june). Thankful for a sweetheart in the middle of a hectic (horrendous) school day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unexpected thankfulness-when my youngest son can back to the door after he left yesterday and said hey mom wait and gave me a hug and said thanks. This mom is a little weepy right now. Empty nest.

    Hey don't forget your old aunt makes jewelry if there is ever anything you want. I have some pieces posted on facebook in my photos.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, more giveaways! I am thankful that my daughter is such a challenging child, because it has led me to appreciate what I put my own mother through and greatly improved my relationship with her. I'm loving the zodiac sign and peanut necklace...so pretty!modome

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am unexpectedly thankful for you girlie! You make me feel normal and not crazy, overstressed, and underappreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thankful for those unexpected twenty bucks I found in my coat pocket!!! I know it's my money but it's always awesome when you find money :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so Thankful for the unexpected support and Love I recieve from my Amazing friends and family. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is cool how did you start this what a wonderful way to share

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am thankful for all the unique personalities and thoughts that we all have. I am thankful to for being a part of a family that has a scene of humor and knows we should be thankful. I am thankful to GOD that after all my mistakes and mishaps I still have them in my life. Because I have been like a bad B vampire movie scary, stupid, cheap and I sucked!! Aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am thankful for the unexpected days that little Hadlee Shae wraps her baby arms around my legs and gives my those sweet little leg HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am thankful for a wonderful family, a great job, and my family..... oh, and to be able to read Jenn's awesome blog. lol.... Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What's something unexpected that you're thankful for? Sam went to bed early last night. It was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm thankful when I get to go to the bathroom by myself. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What's something unexpected that you're thankful for?

    Im thankful for this baby that im carrying definitely not something we expected but VERY MUCH LOVED.

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!