Sunday, November 20, 2011

Don't Sweat It (or Things Drove Me To The Brink of Insanity This Weekend)

You know that series of books, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...? I guarantee that you've seen them because there's about 4 million varieties, and they cover every profession and situation known to mankind.

I could've written my own collection over the last few days titled Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...Or I'll Completely Flip Out On You Like a Crazy Lady.

Just a few of the gems that got under my skin:

Marlee has strep throat. Initially, we thought it was Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease but the doctor said she didn't have a clue as to what the spots on her hands and feet were. How reassuring. Don't sweat it - the kid loves Amoxicillin.

"BooBoo, give me a sick and sad face."

Miles fits perfectly in the bathroom cabinet once he's removed all of the random junk stored inside. Don't sweat it -  I was able to pull his lanky little butt back out...once I finished doing my business.
It's roomy once the feminine products, bleach spray, and 20 issues of Maxim are gone.

After making a super early trip to Walmart on Saturday morning and ringing up $120 worth of groceries/necessities, my debit card couldn't be processed. The card had magically been de-magnetized. I don't even know what that means. Don't sweat it - my bank made me a new card immediately so that I was able to drive 10 miles back to town and pick up my wares before the popsicles melted.

    I don't carry cash or a checkbook. Because I'm an idiot.
I attempted to watch a sweet Lifetime movie last night starring the incomparable James Van Der Beek. Chris came home one hour into the drama and proceeded to talk nonsense and allow the kids to break my focus for the second hour of the movie. Then he called me by my father's name when I got pissy and turned the volume up. Don't sweat it - I gave him the finger. And I may or may not have threatened to Gaddafi him.



Mia came home from her dad's house a few hours ago. She was super sweet until bedtime when things got rowdy. The American Music Awards were on tonight, and well, who doesn't get crazy when LMFAO comes on - even though you've been in bed for an hour? Don't sweat it - she colored an amazing picture for my desk at work; complete with misspelled words.

'Sined Mia and Angry (bird) (heart) Momy made this for you'
As I type this right now, Miles is laying across my lap with his thumb in his mouth, trying to fall asleep. It makes typing very tricky. Don't sweat it - he's absolutely adorable. No picture though - too risky!

If you comment, tell me something that has frustrated you to near insanity recently. The comments from Old Man were awesome!

Have a great week everyone and try to remember that this too shall pass!

4 comments:

  1. the neighbors dog taking out my Christmas display....beyond frustrated! More like po'd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being volunteered to not only pay for almost all thanksgiving dinner but make almost everything too... Made me pretty pIssy! I know I am a better cook than you hello that's why I'm fatter than you...But I also am the only one who #1 has to work all week when you guys do not #2 have 3 small children when you have none or they are old enough to seriously help #3 will have to go shopping the night before because of the stuff I have to buy I need to wait until I get paid bc the cheap grocery store doesn't take credit!!! I should start my own blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can ride in the car with "Lovin' Man" for an hour, but as soon as I get my book out to read, he starts discussing ford trucks or something on that line with me, so I put the book down, and he shuts up.. pick up the book and he starts chattering away again.. hhmmm a tad bit irritating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about dressing your 2 yr-old in pants and long sleeves because its cold in your old drafty house, only to find him, 30 minutes later, streaking through the entire house. When you go to catch him, he turns to you, crosses him arms and says "No mama. No diaper." while pointing at you like YOU'RE the one in trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!